November 13, 2017
Come to an event! Visit our calendar.
Join the SHIFT listserve! Raise your awareness of what is happening in the bike community. Sign up for the SHIFT listserve. It’s like a bulletin board of bike talk! Once subscribed, you have the option of receiving the list via email or not.
Volunteer! Shift events need your energy. Easy, short stints available at many fun events. Including…
Breakfast on the Bridges is the last friday of every month. Present breakfast to bike commuters in an interesting way - on a bridge! Contact the ever chortling Bard of the Bridges, Timo.
Help us plan an event! Come to a SHIFT meeting: First and Third Wednesday of the month (no meetings in June, however). Meet around 7pm at the Acme, 1305 SE 8th, Portland, OR.
Let us help you to make your bike event idea a reality! Submit your bike event to the Calendar crew.
Shift welcomes all respectful participants! There are a lot of ways to get involved:
help lead a ride! Ride leaders are almost always looking for help in crowd management - sweeping, corking, helping get folks’ attention when it’s time to ride out. If you can find the leader before a ride starts, ask if they need help!
- help edit and create content for this website! This process is written up in more detail on this page - we especially need authors (who need no particular tech skills), and designers to help style this website.
- help with the calendar - See this page for some more details.
- help facilitate events like pedalpalooza. Join the shift volunteers mailing list and let us know what dreams and/or skills you’ve got. We need folks to help edit the calendar, encourage folks to create events, help with social media, etc.
- post related content on our social media channels. Want a more formal role like moderating our page or tweeting for us? Ping the shift volunteers mailing list and we’ll chat with you about how you can help.
- help with Breakfast on the Bridges.
- help with the World Naked Bike Ride
donate! The paypal button at the bottom of the page here lets you give a tax deductible donation to shift via our fiscal sponsor Umbrella. You can see how we use this money on our expenses page.