Any day of the week is a good day for bike fun! Many groups have regularly-scheduled rides that happen on a specific day of the week. Some of these happen every week, or every other; all of the ones listed here happen at least once a month.
This is just a sample — there are also plenty of one-off or less-frequent rides beyond these. Check the calendar for the latest. If you host a regularly-scheduled ride and would like to see it listed here, please contact us.
Foster Night Ride
- Every other Tuesday (opposite Twosday Road Rascals)
- Starting location: FoPo Food Carts
Eat, drink, and bike on a bike adventure in the Foster-Powell neighborhood & beyond.
Twosday Road Rascals (TRR)
- Every other Tuesday (opposite Foster Night Ride)
- Starting location: Irving Park
Laid back social ride, with new riders and leaders encouraged — contact the ride leaders if you’re interested in leading.
More info: Twosday Road Rascals on Facebook
- Every other Wednesday, with occasional pop-ups on in-between Wednesdays
- Starting location: usually Beaverton Transit Center, but occasionally varies (especially for pop-ups); check the calendar
Explore Beaverton and other westside locations by bike. If you’re coming from Portland, rides start and end near MAX light rail stations. For a maximum $5 daily fare, you can take the train to/from the westside and bring your bike onboard.
More info: @WestsideWednesdayRide on Instagram
Thursday Night Ride (TNR)
- Every Thursday
- Starting location: Salmon Street Fountain
Thursday Night Ride (TNR) is a year-round weekly social bike ride. Route varies between 10-17 miles, all through the city of Portland, at a social pace. All levels welcome — entry level riders encouraged to join.
More info: @PortlandUrbanBike on Facebook
Friday Night Ride
- Every Friday
- Starting location: Ladd Circle
Friday night ride that cruises around town to different spots. May link up with other rides, especially during the summer; 2nd Fridays meet up with Midnight Mystery Ride. Every first Friday is bottle share night.
Midnight Mystery Ride (MMR)
- 2nd Friday every month
- Starting location: varies, check the calendar
The ride start location is kept secret until the day of the event. Meet up around 11pm at the start location, then ride off at the stroke of midnight to a destination known only to your friendly ride leader.
PDX Market Rides
- Every Saturday
- Starting location: multiple in Southeast (SE Clinton St & 41st Ave; SE Clinton St & 26 Ave; east end of Tilikum Bridge, at PDX Opera)
An all-ages/all-abilities ride from Southeast Portland to the PSU Farmers’ Market to help support local farmers, bakers, and makers of all kinds. Build community in a relaxed, informal setting. A post-ride adventure that is only loosely planned beforehand often follows. Check the #PDXMarketRides hashtag for the occasional ride in the same spirit to different markets on different days.
- 2nd Sunday every month
- Starting location: Peninsula Park
Second Sunday Funday ride every month — each month is led by a different Corvidae member and therefore will be unique. Rides try to focus on greenways, group etiquette, and silliness. In addition to bike safety and accessibility, bicycles are promoted as an alternative to fossil-fueled travel within Portland.